Thursday, 29 September 2011

Flaming Hoops to Jump through

So I had a very frustrating experience today. I got the list of blood work that Dr. Shavani wanted and had my GP order the tests, no big deal. Now comes getting the results. I spend a lot of time at hospitals for work and I travel to different hospitals all over the area. So I am at this very remote hospital and after having my monthly Progesterone test done I asked for a copy of my recent blood results. Well this became a huge issue with them wanted to know why I wanted the results, them refusing to give me my results, them accusing me of trying to change my results to trick my doctor and finally the Administrative assistant of the hospital tell me in 5 different ways in sentences back to back that I should really go and see my doctor and he can explain my results to him and why do I want them without my doctor seeing them with me. But I just kept smiling and saying it is my legal right to see my blood tests and that I want them to please print a copy and that no I will not be leaving today without them. I had to force myself to maintain a relaxed posture, to smile and not get that stone face glare I use on difficult patients. Here is the best part, they called my GP and asked him if I could have the results (so against the rules) so his nurse calls me and asks what is going on. I explained to her in short form that the people in this hospital were putting up hoops for no reason. She agreed and faxed me the paperwork to bypass them. It was too funny. But I find it amazing how many hoops we have to jump through. And it’s amazing that these glorified secretaries and lab techs were so insistent on knowing why I wanted the results. I honestly felt like telling them "Because I can't get pregnant and have to go to India to have another person carry my baby to term and I need these results to find out if I am a good candidate or if we may need an egg donor as well!" hmmm maybe it would have been funny to watch their faces. But then again I have to work with these people and I know how gossip spreads.
On a side note Kay finally told his youngest sister that our adoption was not happening. We have told my sibling and my parents and his parents (we try to do it in person so they feel more free to ask questions). Now I am not a violent person by any means, but I wanted to reach out and bitch slap her so hard. He told her that the adoption was not going to happen and her response was "Good now you can start trying the natural way, I heard that’s way easier!". At this time friends were walking in the door so we couldn't continue the conversation but later when she and I were left to clean up the kitchen alone I decided to clarify her misconception about it being way easier. Now Kay and I have decided not to tell anyone about our plans, we are simply going to go on a vacation to India and if success maybe in the second trimester we might tell a few close friends.
I explained to her that because adoption was no longer possible that we are not able to have kids, that I cannot have kids, "it’s not going to happen I can't have kids" were my exact words.

"Oh" she says "is that because you have endometriosis? Because that can be fixed.".

I didn't feel like elaborating to her, "No its not".

Her response "Because my friend had that and she had kids, maybe you just need a better doctor".

I could barely look at her the rest of the evening. I don't feel like telling her our problems and I don't want her telling me how I just need a different doctor. There I have ranted about her and I am done with it. Trust me she’s not a saint, it seems as soon as she found out that I wasn't going to leave her brother (while we were dating) she stopped putting any effort into being nice to me. Kay tries hard to stop her open rudeness to me but the only way to stop it is to confront her and if I do it she will just assume I am a cow and I know that he doesn't want to because he doesn't want to hurt his sister.
Wow it feels so much better to let that out. Sorry for the rant about my SIL. Needed to let it out, or bitch slap her. I think ranting this way will hurt less feeling.
So I am still trying to find out how to post comments on people’s blogs. I am a slow learner give me time. But I did want to let two people in particular know how excited I am for them. Temmytango I have every toe and finger crossed for you. I get up every morning and check your blog for results. I don't go to bed without checking and hoping for you. Please know that I am sending all my positive thoughts to you right now! And to Rasta Less Traveled Duane and Bernadette I am so excited to your Betas! Yes Mondays are now good days!

No comments:

Post a Comment