Tuesday, 3 January 2012
New Year Uncertain Direction
I started this blog to follow our journey as we stepped into Gestational Surrogacy in India. But now I am so confused, we did the impossible and won the lottery, I am due July 3. I felt that when I started this Blog I was so welcomed into the Surrogacy community, with open hearts and arms. I felt that I had found a community to openly share our sorrow, hopes and dreams with. A place where I could document our progress. Yet now I am unsure. I have never felt anything but support and kindness from everyone I have encountered. But I am not sure how I fit into this community anymore. We did the impossible and are expecting JJ in July and I feel like every time I post I am insulting these wonderful members of this community. Ever pregnancy change, every ultrasound I feel as if I am rubbing misfortune in your faces. When we had our scare 2 weeks ago the most support we received was from this wonderful blog community. My mom said it was nothing, my in laws are terrified and want me on bed rest and my sister told me not to be such a complainer and suck it up. But I got helpful suggestions, words of encouragement and honest understanding from those out there in blogger land. This is why I am torn. I feel as if I should keep telling our story not just to follow through with what I started but for my own mental health. Just the act of writing about our scare made me feel better. I think I am going to need that. But I am not sure and so confused right now. I quess I better make a decision soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I vote that you keep blogging, we were here for you before and now and in the future! We are all so happy for you, things are working out!!!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Kerrie and Mark! When my past attempts didn't work out it was really reassuring that it not only could but WOULD happen one day. Reading about the success of others gave me the courage to keep trying. Keep on Blogging!
ReplyDeleteNo need to feel uncertain or guilty. It is wonderful news and I'm sure all in this community are overjoyed for you particularly as we all know what a tough journey this is. Success of any kind is success and should be celebrated. Keep sharing your story!
ReplyDeleteI vote keep blogging too! All journeys are inspiring. We want to know what your baby is!
ReplyDeleteEvery family path is unique...and a story that includes good fortune can only lift up those who read it! Keep on telling your story! Best wishes.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year Jean!!! i really get you. I would have had the same feeling because even when am about to post an update and i read someones not so good new, i postpone my post because i feel they might be upset. But life is full of ups and downs and if its down today, it can only go up! so hun, we are all learning from one another and also being encouraged. so keeeeeep blogging
ReplyDeleteHi Jean
ReplyDeleteI had some anxiety when I commenced my blog as I'm so blessed to have my daughter Mia that I gave birth to. I was very self aware and some what apprehensive as to how I would be viewed. But to be honest everyone has been amazing and made this journey so much more enjoyable. I think your news is amazing and wonderful and you should continue. Everyone still reserves the right as to which blogs they read, follow and comment on. Do whatever feels right for you and if you decide to continue many will of course continue to support and be delighted for you.
Keep blogging!!! It is very therapeutic and helpful for others as well!! Besides, everyone makes choices..whether it's to blog or not; to follow a blog or not...surrogacy in india or not..whatever your choice do what is right for you; don't worry about what others think...it is what is in your heart that counts...take care...
ReplyDelete