Thursday, 22 December 2011
Second Trimester Scare
First off JJ and I are ok. Yesturday was the scariest day of my life. Around lunch I started heavy spotting. I called my doctor and they said to go to the nearest hospital immediately. Well I was in no condition to drive so Kay told his boss that he was either taking me to the hospital or calling an ambulance and walked out. The entire drive to the hospital I tried so hard to distract myself, especially when the cramping started. At teh hospital the nurse couldnèt find a heart beat and started saying things like probably having a misscarriage and these are not good signs. But the doctor wasnèt there so we went next door to the clinic, by this time it was getting hard to walk due to the pain, and saw the doctor. Worst mistake of the day. He couldnèt find a heartbeat and told me I was basically having a misscarriage and there was nothing he could do and he would book me an ultrasound for tomorrow 2 hours drive away. Thankfully me EMS knowledge kicked in I called a different hospital found my regular doctor and an ultrasound department that was open. We jumped back into the car drove another 45 minutes and spent the next 2 hours being blood tested, urine tested, and ultra sounded. By this time the cramps were become less (vs every 2 minutes). I love my doctor. Hes amazing. The ultra sound looks good, JJ didnèt disappoint he kicks and wiggles. At first he didnèt move but when they found the heartbeat I started to cry, I had been crying all afternoon but finally happy tears. Spent the next 30 minutes trying to get a good picture of him (the wiggler and now the kicker!). Doctor says that my cervix opend a bit causing bleeding. I am off work till after Christmas and am told to take it easy. I feel like I did a million situps yesturday my stomach is so sore. Kay was a rock the entire time, I knew he was scared but he held my hand and said all the right things, even going and getting food from Boston Pizza while we were waiting for the blood work to come back (not eating for 12 hours makes stress even worse). Emotionally exhausted, tired and sore we climbed into bed last night around 11pm and slept 10 hours. I now have a 25% chance of miscarring in my second trimester, if it happens again that jumps to 33% or worse. So taking it easy and moving slow today. So happy to hear about everyone doing so well and not having any scares. Hoping to stay in the boat now for the next 6 months.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I bled heavily with my 2nd child at 13 weeks and ended up lying down for most of the remaining pregnancy (she was fine born at 35 weeks)! Try to take it as easy as you can and if possible don't do much at all. Good luck.
ReplyDeleteWhat an awful scare, and these docs and nurses who assume miscarriage are just horrible. I am relieved to hear baby and you are ok. Try to rest and keep yourself hydrated. I hope the next 6 months are super boring for you!
ReplyDeleteI am SO relieved everything is ok! So glad that YOUR doctor knows what he is doing. Rest up and take care of yourself-- positive thoughts to you!
ReplyDeleteBless your heart!!! Hang in there...try not to stress.....it's just such a helpless feeling I know...think positive thoughts!!! Take care!!
ReplyDeleteHappy New year Jean!!!. i posted with my mobile phone when i first read this and to my surprise, it hasnt registered, please ask your RE or consultant if they could give you some stiches to prevent a re occurrence. I pray all is well with you IJN. x
ReplyDeleteThats a good idea Temmy! I see her in 1 week and I will ask her. Thanks
ReplyDelete