So we came out of the nursery last week. That is to say we finally let people other then immediate family and a few very close friends know that we are pregnant. We sat down on the phone and started by calling my grnadfather. I knew this would be a difficult one since his hearing is not the best and he does get confused at times. It took him a minute to understand that it was not my sisters baby I was talking about but that infact Kay and I are having a baby as well, telling him I am pregant did work the first 3 times. He was overjoyed and then shocked to find out how far along we were. The following calls mostly involved happyness and shock, followed by a bit of more shock and annoyance that we waited to almost the halfway point before telling people. But considering how amazing this baby is I didnt want to risk having everyone know I lost JJ. I had a conversation with my brother in law about that same thing (he is the one who prompted the big reveal since he and my dad do not seem to understand how to keep a secret and were telling people). My brother in law told me that he and my sister were scared about losing thier baby as well, especially considering that my sister had the same for of cancer I had but she has been cancer free for 4 years (they dont know I have it as well and I am not willing to tell them). I couldnèt bring myself to tell him that mine is more advanced and that she is now cancer free and has been cancer free for long enough they donèt think it will come back, I am not in that boat. I was so scared to tell people, I felt that if I tell people JJ might go away, I kept having this terrible dream where JJ was just a joke or a mistake someone played on me and that JJ never existed. I dont think I could handle having to tell all those people that we are not having a baby anymore, even worse I couldnt handle having people ask me later on when we are trying again. That is the fear that wakes me up at night.
But this has been a good week! I have had an appoitnment with my cancer specialist, who was shocked to hear I was pregnant. He told me that from my test 2 months ago to my test now that not only has my cancer not spread but it appears to be shrinking! He thinks that once baby is out that simple surgury can remove it all without any damage to me and I get to keep all my insides. I was so relieved.
My second appointment was with an acupunctuist who is teaching Kay pressure points to help with pain during childbirth. It was interesting and he taught Kay places to rub on my now that will help relax me and are safe during pregnancy. Backrubs score!
My third appointment (starting to feel like a piece of meat) was an ultrasound. This was so neat! We got to see pictures of JJs arms and legs and even his face. They checked his heart and his spine. They did everything. To bad he refused to cooperate! I warned her that 2pm was playtime and he would not stop till 3:30! So she fought and fought to get a still picture and at 3:25 he rolled over and went to sleep just as she was finishing and wanting a side shot. We tried everything, if I pat my belly he wakes up, nope, if I roll to my left then right fast he will roll over, yep then he rolled back. So she gave up and sent up on our way with the report to the doctor.
The fourth appointment was a monthly prenatal with my doctor. Kay got to come to this one as well so it was nice. Dr. says everythign is on track, I have good wieght gain (I am feeling pudgy and big already) JJs size is good and he is moving lots. The placenta is a bit low and she will watch it but I am still small and its still early. JJ has a mild irreguality on his kidneys that she wants to watch but she thinks it will clear up before he is born. I have decided not to worry about it at all. I have had enough worring with JJ and hes still here. Hes healthy, big and likes to make my belly button move early in the morning. I am starting to show and enjoying feeling him kick from teh outside (Kays only felt this once and very lightly). Other then the nursery is still not started I am not stressing at all.
In other news I have been terrible to comment on peoples blogs. I do read them but I just do not have the time to add comments. I am sorry and I will try harder in the future.
Just want to give you a big HUG jean. i am keeping you in my prayers and i pray that everything goes super smoothly for you. you will make an awesome mum. can you give JJ a pat on my behalf pls.
ReplyDeleteSo pleased all is going well for you.
ReplyDelete