Thursday, 3 November 2011

Chaos

As we get closer and closer to our two week holiday in a tropical location things start building up. Have to do this, have to run and get this done before we go! I have a stack of paperwork I have to do before we go but keep postponing it (note I am posting this instead of doing paperwork). Its been manageable until this morning. I was heading to work at 8am and caught gravel with my tire and started to fishtail. I compensated in the wrong direction and proceeded to spin completely into the ditch. After the two loud bangs and when the spinning stopped I turned off the car and got out. I had hit a barbwire fence but the engine and body of my car was OK (in the dark!). I called Kay (I was 1km from home!) and asked him to come get me. I started the car and pulled it out of the barbwire and out of the field. Luckily it was our field with our cows! I popped a tire and broke a fence post. The body of my car is scratched to shit with barbwire and there is a small dent from the post I broke (good thing it was an old post). Shaken up but OK I waited for Kay. His dad beat him there and after making sure I was OK he gave me a huge hug (L is a good man and I both respect him and love him). Then he took me to get a different car so I could still get to work. I was very lucky, I always wear my seat belt, I hit a spot int eh ditch that was level or I would have flipped, and I wasn't going fast enough to do anything but tip the car. So Lucky. But I have to say that after I had a hard time not touching my belly and thanking anything and everyone that I wasn't hurt and that hopefully if there is a little one on board he or she wasn't hurt either. 20 days till we see a doctor and find out if I am pregnant. I keep crossing my fingers and toes. So scared I will lose this baby. I have stopped taking all of my medications (my doctor told me that the moment I am pregnant I would have to stop because they can damage a baby), I have canceled my scuba trips in Cuba ( I was so looking forward to increasing my certification! oh well baby's health matters more). Hmmmm I can't think of anything else I should do while in Cuba? I don't drink or smoke. Can anyone think of something I will have to stay away from or stop while on vacation?
3 more days and off we go!

5 comments:

  1. HEY jean!!! seriously stay away from love making for now, avoid heat and moderate or intensive physical activity and try and be stress free. i wish you well on this journey and i believe there are medications that can be given to women to aid pregnancy progression

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep more things, avoid seafood too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT! no so not cool right now! Really Avoid making love. Did I not spell this out clearly ...we ... are ... on ... our ...honeymoon.... Really? and no lobster? Wow I can give up scuba for 2 weeks but no sex and lobster. hmmmm just keep telling myself its a baby and its worth it.
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need to 'relax and be happy' and enjoy the 'Mock-Tails' on your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes hun, no love making as this makes the womb contract when ...... i was told this by my doctors when i had my first miscarriage and after each pregnancy and they told me to steer clear for the first trimester. my poor hubby didnt complain and he survived.

    ReplyDelete